Sunday, December 18, 2011

True Life: you're being deceived baseball style!

I assure you, the show is fooling you. Being a baseball wife/girlfriend is nothing like that VH1 show Baseball Wives... That stuff is absolutely bogus! I will give you the low down of the real life side of it, not the side that gets paid to be filmed.
Tonight sitting on the couch, Josh and I began to talk about my job search next year. You know, the job search being a female with a marketing degree concentrated in sports. Problem: we can't be 100% certain where Josh will be next year therefore we aren't really sure where I should be submitting resumes or even searching. We are weighing options wondering if we would be better off for me to continue being a personal trainer and group fitness instructor for another year or what. This is real life. Not every guy getting paid by an MLB organization has it as easy as the guys who are on the 40 man roster of each team. Those guys who haven't made it to that point have things to worry about, real life things. They have to worry about bills and what is best for themselves and the important people in their lives as well. Josh is so smart and such a great decision maker. I count on him to get me through some of my biggest life decisions.
So as we are sitting talking about the whole job situation, Josh gets a call from his agent. His agent is more like a friend to him than anything else but they still have to discuss business which always makes me a little shaky. Tonight it was talk about the future. The next two years and how they are the most important towards his career. They talked about glove contracts and whether Josh would be smart to accept one of these offers. They talked about where he might be placed after spring training 2012. They talked about how early he needs to leave for spring training. All of these things is enough to make my stomach turn circles. I have no idea what our lives are going to be like. He said the sweetest thing to me earlier, "Cari Ellen, I just want a house with a garden and backyard, those normal life things." I giggled and said,"Josh we will be there one day but let's just get our minds set that we may not live a normal life for a long time." I love how tender-hearted he is. I am such a lucky human being to have him. I know that our lives are hard and definitely not normal so to say but I would not change a single thing about it, I love him. I would argue with anyone that I am one of the most blessed girls in the world to have him in my life.
The things you don't see on television are these stories. The stories of guys and families who still have the not so normal lives to worry about. You don't hear the stories of women who are supporting men through the times where there isn't a whole lot of income coming in and those women who are strictly in it because they are so head over heels in love that they couldn't imagine their lives any other way. I adore Josh. Don't pity us, that's not what I intended for this to do, I just wanted to give you a sneak peek of true life: I'm a baseball girlfriend!


"Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring." 2 Thessalonians 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment