Monday, December 26, 2011

Better than MLB Insurance!

     It's so close now I can almost taste it...Spring Training that is! Josh is leaving mid-February to head back down to Florida. I couldn't be more excited because not only do I adore baseball season but Josh always stops in on his way down which of course makes me a happy lady.
     This year is going to be a little different than all the other years. For the first time in what, four years I think, Josh will probably not be playing ball down South. For him, that is a great thing because that will mean that he is moving up AGAIN! For me, it is a tab bit nerving. I have never had to drive North to watch him play ball, he has always been in the Southeastern area playing. Also, for the few people who have asked if I will officially be going with him this year...I hate to disappoint but that is still undecided. I have been searching for jobs and have only found one where he will probably be in NY so far. God knows what is best for us and if it is meant for me to be there with him, I will be. If not, then I won't...but that is something that I will have to keep everyone posted on.
     So on to other things, two blogs ago I talked about that ridiculous show Baseball Wives. Everytime I even think about it, I want to gag. Anyway, in that same blog I talked about the frustrations of glove contracts but my oh so smart Joshua made the decision today and the decision is....he will not be signing any glove contracts this season. The contract was going to be a two year agreement and this particular company pays fifty dollars less a game than some of the other ones so he is going to just hold out for right now. At first, I thought Josh should definitely sign the contract but when he explained everything to me, I agreed that he had made a good decision.
      Last night, I was a little down in the dumps. I pretty much spent Christmas alone this year because Cammie has not been allowed to be around other dogs until today. I was missing my family and Josh. At about 9 p.m. last night, I just lost it! I couldn't contain myself anymore. I couldn't play tough girl anymore. I went nuts. Through the crying and the mumbling and breath gasping, I am certain Josh could not hear a word I was saying but he just listened. He didn't respond or try and interrupt to give advice. He didn't say,"What did you say, I didn't understand you?" He just listened. He gave me his complete undivided attention which was all I wanted. He is so good for that. In Josh's world, my concerns come way before his concerns. He has tons of stuff going on in his life but it doesn't matter to him, if I need his attention, he gives it to me, no questions asked. Josh is always more focused on my well-being.
     I laugh sometimes because Josh hates using his health insurance through the Mets because if they see that one of the boys has gone to the doctor for any kind of injury, they will call them and find out what's going on...they are concerned not for the boy's well-being but for their own! An MLB organization can't afford to have an injured player. Last night when all of this anxiety was on the rise, that's the first thing I thought about. Josh could be like other guys who are like those MLB organizations. He could listen to my problems and ask questions just to be looking out for his own health in our relationship but instead he is genuinely more worried about me and my feelings. I don't know how he does it. I don't know why he does it but having insurance with him is much better than MLB insurance.

"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." Psalm 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment