Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Strikeout That Will NEVER Happen!

    How many of you have ever heard someone say,"Don't worry...what's meant to be will be"? If I asked that question in an auditorium of six thousand people, I guarantee you everyone would raise their hand. Personally, I hate that phrase. Why? Because when I am bursting into tears about how much I love and miss Josh, hearing "what's meant to be will be" isn't exactly the tissue that will dry my eyes.
     When I started dating Josh almost a year a half ago now, I was dumb. I broke up with him for not a very good reason and a false reason at that. When he gave me a second chance, I was even dumber. I broke up with him again because I wanted to be sure that we were living our lives for ourselves instead of for each other. However this time, I told him that I did want us to be together, I just wanted to be sure that we had it all figured out first. He said that he was okay with that and to let him know when I was ready. Well I have been ready. Pretty much since the day we broke, I have been ready but to ensure that we were both safe from heartache again I dragged it out until last week and then I finally told him. He didn't exactly follow through with the whole "just let me know when you're ready thing."
     My reason for writing tonight...I want to let everyone know, I would shout it from the top of the Eiffel Tower for all the world to hear if I could, I love that boy. My biggest fear is to wake up one morning and have lost him. So, I am working my tail off to not let that happen. I am going to give and give and love and love until I just can't anymore. If there is one person in this world that I am confident I can last forever with, it is him, and I will not let him go just yet. I know he thinks I am just talking out of my butt again and that I will probably wind up breaking his heart for a third time but I will not! Never again will let him go. I just pray that love really can conquer all.
     I hope that I get another chance. I have struck out twice now but I do pray that Josh will allow me to stay up to bat because this time I won't disappoint him. I don't lose well. I fight for the things I want. There are no strikeouts for me because I don't allow that to happen. I may foul it off five times before getting a hit but this time I will be sure it's a grand slam. I love you Josh and I pray that our love story isn't over yet! Forever and ever and always!



 
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment