Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Chosen One

"I can count a million times people asking me how I praise with all that I've gone through."

I opened with song lyrics tonight. I found it very appropriate for the blog. I haven't blogged in....well AGES! However, there is good reason. 

God chose me for something. He chose me to be faced with the fear of cervical cancer at 21 years old. At first, I was so upset and didn't understand. 

Why me? 

Why? 

But then I remembered. We are to glorify God through the good and BAD times. That's such a hard concept to really put into play.

Imagine...me, God's chosen one! Okay so he didn't choose to send me on a big missions trip or for a big time job but he still chose me for something with the expectations that I would surely give him the glory and the honor and the praise. 

The pain is a little unhappy sometimes and the tests were painful. The surgery is a scary thought too. 

I know that most people like to give God glory when only the best things happen to them but as of last week, I have never had an easier time relying on my sweet Heavenly father to take control and work on and through me. 

I am a busy girl. A student, Ms. FMU, a fitness instructor, a personal trainer, a crossfitter, a sister, a daughter, a friend...the list goes on and on. But what's most important is that I always praise God for those things. 

I am a girl with cancer cells in her body, a fearful girl, a girl who knows that without God I would be a wreck right now. So I will praise him for those things too. 

"Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring a chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory. And I know there will be days when this life brings me pain but if that's what it takes to praise you...Jesus bring the rain." 

No comments:

Post a Comment