Thursday, September 8, 2011

When on the mound...do as a pitcher does!

    My mom laughed tonight when I was on the phone with her while in Target and I said,"It must be nice to have a significant other..." She responded,"Silly girl, you have one of the best significant others I know." She's right, I do. We actually booked our hotel for Dallas just today for our trip! So super exciting since we will be staying in Hyatt Place at the Reunion Tower which overlooks the city! The reason I made the comment about "having a significant other" is because my life is unlike most people's lives. Being the girlfriend of someone who is gone from late February until late September, can help you to see what you're made of.
    I have always said that a pitcher has one of the most difficult positions there is. In every sport, you should play as a team but when a pitcher is on the mound, he has to be somewhat independent and count on himself! A baseball game can ultimately fall on how well a pitcher throws. Josh is a pitcher, left-handed, throwing low to mid nineties right now. I love to read his stats and see how well he is doing but I HATE watching him throw or listening to the games...it stresses me out to the absolute max! But I respect Josh so much because he works so hard to be where he is and he knows that he has a lot of burden to bear when he's standing on the mound.
    I opened with "when on the mound...do as a pitcher does." The reasoning for this is because, when most girls could ask their better half, for lack of a better term, to run to the store with them or come over and help them get the groceries out of the car, realistically, I can not do that. So, as hard as it can be at times, I have had to learn what it's like to "not have a significant other." I have learned how much I can carry at once, I have learned that customer service at the cable company is the perfect fix to my electronic illiteracy (and they have learned that a girl without her boyfriend, who knows nothing about electronics can be emotional annd needy), I have also learned just the right amount of food to cook to feed one person, I have learned that I must set out extra time every day to take care of the dog because I'm the only one here to do so....I have learned so many things about how to carry the weight of it just being me here and him being, what feels like, millions of miles away. So quick preview of my night: here's a picture of my first trip up the stairs after going to Target and a picture of the, not one, not two, but THREE flights of stairs that I have to lug all of these things up!

    Long story short: Josh's team will be playing in the Florida State League Championship so looks like my learning experiences will last a tad bit longer! Did I ever mention that I love baseball and I love the New York Mets?!?! haha awful, beautiful life! :)

"A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly" Proverbs 14:29
   

No comments:

Post a Comment